What is the place of science in human life, culture, politics, and morals?
- “The Abundant World: Paul Feyerabend’s Metaphysics of Science” in Reappraising Paul Feyerabend, a special issue of Studies in the History and Philosophy of Science Part A edited by myself and Ian James Kidd.
- (with Ian James Kidd). “Reappraising Paul Feyerabend: Introduction.” Reappraising Paul Feyerabend, Special issue of Studies in History and Philosophy of Science A.
Articles and Book Chapters
- “John Dewey’s Pragmatic Alternative to the Belief-Acceptance Dichotomy.” (2015) Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A, 53: 62–70
- Eun Ah Lee, Nicholas Gans, Magdalena Grohman, Marco Tacca, and Matthew J. Brown. “Exploring Implicit Understanding of Engineering Ethics in Student Teams.” (2015) In Proceedings of the 122nd American Society for Engineering Education Conference & Exposition
- “The Functional Complexity of Scientific Evidence.” Metaphilosophy 46(1): 65-83.
- “Quantum Frames,” (2014) Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 45(1): 1–10
- “Values in Science beyond Undetermination and Inductive Risk,” (2013) Philosophy of Science 80(5): 829-839.
- “The Democratic Control of the Scientific Control of Politics” (2013) in Dennis Dieks and Vassilios Karakostas, editors, EPSA11 Perspectives and Foundational Problems in Philosophy of Science. (Selected proceedings from the European Philosophy of Science Association 2011.), pp. 479-92.
- “The Source and Status of Values for Socially Responsible Science” Philosophical Studies, Volume 163, Issue 1, March 2013, pp 67-76.
- “Science, Values, and Democracy in the Global Climate Change Debate,” (2013) in Philosophical Pragmatism and International Relations: Essays for a Bold New World, ed. by Shane J. Ralston.
- “John Dewey’s Logic of Science” HOPOS: The Journal of the International Society for the History of Philosophy of Science 2(2), Fall 2012, pp. 258-306.
- “Science as Socially Distributed Cognition: Bridging Philosophy and Sociology of Science” (2011) Foundations of the Formal Sciences VII: Bringing together Philosophy and Sociology of Science, v. 32 of Studies in Logic, pp. 17-30.
- “Genuine Problems and the Significance of Science” (2010), Contemporary Pragmatism 7(2).
- “Models and perspectives on stage: remarks on Giere’s Scientific perspectivism” (2009) Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A, 40(2): 213-220.
- “Relational Quantum Mechanics and the Determinacy Problem” (2009) British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, 60(4): 679-695
- “Picky Eating is a Moral Failing” (2007) in Dave Monroe & Fritz Allhoff (eds.), Food & Philosophy: Eat, Think, and Be Merry. Blackwell.